Blogging for business: How & why your business should blog
What is business blogging?
Business blogging is a marketing tactic that uses blogging to get your business more online visibility which can also help website SEO. Blogging is an act of creating short form content, a blog post is usually posted to the blog part of the website where all your posts are housed. For example you are currently reading a blog post.
It is very important to understand that when you are doing business blogging, your blogs need to be about a particular subject that is related to your business. For example Hubspot is an inbound marketing platform so the blog will speak about inbound marketing topics.
Online visibility is exactly what it sounds like, being able to be found and seen on the internet. This means that your business will pop up in search engines, blog SEO will help your blog stand out on the internet. Business blogging is one way to help get your business out in front of people so that your products and services on the internet are seen.
How your business should blog
- Your business blog must have an eye catching headline and opening paragraph, this is what will hook the people into reading your blog. Even if the whole post is excellent and relevant, without a captivating opening people might never click on the blog in the first place. The headline is also very important as 80% will read the headline and only 20% will read the rest.
- Choosing an image for your post must never be an afterthought. People generally relate to images and blogs that have irrelevant pictures can undermine the rest of the content.
- Your article needs to have a clear viewpoint and not be some wishy washy article. There is so much content online so having a clear and focused point will help set your blog apart from the rest.
Benefits of business blogging
- Business blogging will help drive traffic to your website via organic SEO. Whenever you write a blog post, it is one more indexed page of your website, this means that there is one more opportunity to show up in search engine and drive traffic to the website. This will alert google and other search engines that your website is active.
- This will help convert traffic into leads, now that traffic is coming to your website via the blog, you have an opportunity to generate leads from this. Just like every blog post you write is another indexed page, each post is a new opportunity to generate new leads.
- A business blog post helps establish authority, the best blogs will help to answer any common questions their leads and customers have. If you are constantly creating content that is helpful for your target customer, this will help to establish you as an authority in their eyes. This is especially handy for sales and service professionals.
Can’t reach your target audience with your blog? Find out more about the blog SEO services we provide to boost traffic to your website.