SEO Wash-up Monday 14th August
Bing Ads rolling out new System Quality Policy, expect little impact on performing campaigns
Bing Ads rolls out a new System Quality Policy as part of the Relevance and Quality Policy. They expect the overall impact to be minimal. The limits that is placed on the amount of keywords uploaded at one time are meant to increase efficiencies with review and processing, potential impact caused by this is anticipated to be low was said by Bing Ads advertiser policy manager Melissa Alsoszatai-Petheo. Below are the three key aspects to the new policy;
- The keywords and ads that haven’t shown any performance within a long period of time may be removed.
- The number of keywords that can be uploaded or kept in within your account may be limited.
- Some keywords such as weapons, pharmaceuticals, gambling, adult and trademark may be limited.
Google brings the funk with a doodle & digital turntable marking the birth of Hip Hop music
Google created a Doodle to celebrate the music genre that launched a cultural revolution. The doodle is an interactive turntable and includes a tutorial recorded by Hip Hop icon Fab 5 Freddy. Doodle leads to a search for Hip Hop history that includes artwork created by famed graffiti artist Cey Adams.
The Google Doodle team recruited YouTube’s head of music and the former head of Def Jam records Lyor Cohen to share what Hip Hop means to him. Lyor Cohen says “It placed an accessible culture, relatable to any marginalized group in the world, at the forefront of music.” So Hip Hop music has accomplished exactly what its founders set out to do.
Google upgrades the Search Console with an extensive redesign to better serve you
The Google Search Console is going to be significantly upgraded with an extensive redesign to better serve you. With Google’s new Search Console, you will be provided more actionable insights, will be offered a better support of your organizational workflow and enable faster feedback loops between you and Google.
Below are a few of the other deep dives at SMX East related to the rich features of the new Google Search Console;
- Manual Penalties – the Google Search Quality team explains the Google manual penalties, their impact on your website and how to deal with them quicly but successfully.
- Implementing AMP – Google insists that implementing AMP is important for anyone who has a large mobile audience
- Migration Best Practices – the director of Organic Search at Peak Ace and international SEO Bastian Grimm, offer hands-on advice on how you should plan your relaunch, as well as how to avoid the most common problems that arise when making major changes to your site.