SEO Wash-up Monday 9th March
Google search console report colours have been updated – Google have updated some of the colours that is used within the Google search console reports, such as the performance report. The colours are now blue, purple, green and orange. The previous colours were blue, light blue, green and purple.
Google search console removals tool – They have rolled out new tools within the new search console that is called, Removals Tool. This tool lets users temporarily block search results for their website, it shows reported pages via other Google public removal tools and they can manage SafeSearch filtering in this tool.
Below are the new tools within Google search console:
- Temporary removals – You can request temporary removal of specific URLs on sites you have verified. There are two types of removal requests available;
- Temporary remove URL will hide the URL from Google Search results for about six months and clear the cached copy of the page.
- Clear cache URL clears the cached page and wipes out the page description snippet in Search results until the page is crawled again.
- Outdated content – This section provides information on removal requests made through the public remove outdated content too that can be used by anyone to update search results showing information that is no longer present on a page.
- SafeSearch filtering – This shows a history of pages on your website that were reported by Google users as adult content using the SafeSearch Suggestion tool. URLs submitted using this tool are reviewed, and if Google feels that this content should be filtered from SafeSearch results, these URLs are tagged as adult content.
Google right side featured snippet no longer deduplicated – They have now stopped deduplicating the featured snippets that used to show up on the right side. However, this is until Google moves the right side featured snippets to the top left position. The search giant mentions that they would do this temporarily until Google does move those featured snippets.
Google my business suspensions – They have made more and more business suspensions recently according to various SEO experts. When you go onto the appeal form, the appeal form seems to have a notice that says there is a high volume of questions around suspension notices.
Chrome in Google search tests hiding URLs in the URL bar – They are testing to hide the Google search URL from displaying and instead just showing the query you entered into Google in the Google Chrome URL bar.