How to sell cars on Social media
Studies have shown that social platforms can be more important than a dealer’s own website when it comes to choosing a dealership to visit. The study, which was based on research findings from car buyers and service customers found that:
- Roughly 70% of car buyers and 80% of service customers say internet research that includes social media and review sites is more helpful when picking a car dealership.
- Roughly 60% of car owners or who is looking to buy a car have seen a Facebook ad have clicked on it.
- One out of four car buyers use social media to discuss or communicate a recent purchase experience.
- Roughly 80% of all car shoppers are on Facebook and 20% have used Facebook as a place for buying their last car.
So when it comes to car shopping, more and more customers turn to social media websites to do research, which has a huge influence on their decision making. This means that marketers need to understand that social websites should be included in their online media marketing strategy.
If you are a small trader then you can use Facebook by posting content or pictures, whereas larger companies will need a fully integrated social marketing approach to generate leads and engage with customers. These are some of the top social media platforms:
- Facebook – You can place ads in the marketing place and narrow down the geographic areas near your house or dealership.
- Twitter – With keyword targeting, you can advertise to consumers who have displayed purchase intent.
- Instagram – As Instagram is all about taking, sharing, uploading pictures and videos. It can be a great platform to creatively share your car or if you are a dealership then your story.
- YouTube – Roughly 80% of car shoppers watch car videos to seek information and to compare.
- Pinterest – This will help create social signals which will in turn drive more traffic to your site.
Below we have put together the top ways to use social media marketing in order to sell more cars;
- Using the right social media platform – If you are a new business and new within the social world, then you should start by creating a Facebook page as it has over a billion daily active users. Having a Facebook Page gives your business an online presence as well as a way to engage with potential customers.
- Create content – Creating relevant content and sharing on social media will allow consumers to comment on, like and share and also you can share in groups.
- Ads – Using ads will help narrow down your target audience that you want to reach. You can target ads by location, age, gender, interests, car buying behaviour and much more.
- Interacting – Engaging with your customers is vital as you are building relationships that could potentially attract new customers.
- Reputation management – It is easier for people to share their buying experience within the social world. So it is imperative that you keep an eye out and respond to any negative comments with a possible solution or try to resolve it.
Want to establish your social presence? Need help with selling cars on social media? Contact us to find out more about the social marketing we can offer you to sell your cars on social media!