Simple guide to measure both organic and paid results
There are several metrics and tools available to measure the impact and success of both organic results and paid ads. By using a combination of these metrics and tools, you can undertake a balanced approach to evaluate the effectiveness of your digital marketing efforts.
Some key ones include:
- Click-through Rate (CTR): This metric measures the percentage of users who clicked on a specific ad or organic search result. A higher CTR indicates better performance and relevance.
- Conversion Rate: Conversion rate indicates the percentage of users who completed a desired action, such as making a purchase or filling out a form. It helps measure the effectiveness of both organic and paid efforts in generating meaningful actions.
- Return on Investment (ROI): ROI helps evaluate the profitability of your advertising campaigns. By comparing the cost of your ads with the revenue generated from conversions, you can determine the success of your paid ads strategy.
- Cost per Click (CPC) and Cost per Acquisition (CPA): CPC and CPA metrics enable you to understand the financial efficiency of your ads. CPC measures the cost incurred for each click on an ad, while CPA measures the cost incurred to acquire a customer or conversion.
- Bounce Rate: Bounce rate measures the percentage of users who visit a webpage and then leave without interacting further. It helps evaluate the relevance and engagement of both organic and paid content.
- Keyword Rankings: For organic results, tracking the rankings of your target keywords in search engine results pages (SERPs) can provide valuable insights. Tools like Google Search Console and third-party SEO software can help monitor keyword rankings.
- A/B Testing: By running A/B tests, you can compare the performance of different ad copies, landing pages, or organic content variants. This helps identify what works best and where improvements can be made.
- Web Analytics Tools: Platforms such as Google Analytics offer a wealth of data to evaluate the success of organic and paid campaigns. They provide insights on traffic sources, user behavior, conversions, and more.
By combining these metrics and tools, marketers can gain a comprehensive understanding of the impact and success of both organic and paid approaches, allowing for a balanced and data-driven decision-making process.
Do you need help with SEO or PPC? Contact one of our specialist at Digital Carrera for all you digital marketing need today!